As the warmer months start to settle in, so does the threat of ant invasion – a formidable prospect for none more so than restaurant owners. Not only is an ant infestation bad for your restaurant’s reputation, but it also poses a health risk by getting into and contaminating the very food you serve.
A proactive approach to getting rid of ants
offers 5 helpful tips to prevent ants from infesting your restaurant before it becomes a problem:
- Use weather-resistant sealant to close any cracks, crevices or holes ants may use as entry points around the exterior of the building.
- Install or replace door sweeps and weather stripping on doors and windows and repair any holes in window and door screens.
- Empty trash and recycling bins often and wash them out so food debris doesn’t build up inside.
- Inspect the area surrounding your building regularly to make sure there is no trash that can attract ants.
- Clean up spills immediately.
Get your staff involved
A successful ant prevention strategy is only as good as the people who follow it. Make sure your employees are aware of and understand the triggers that will invite ants into your restaurant, and encourage them to report any sightings of ant nests and any other signs of pest infestations.
While prevention is better than cure, once an ant infestation hits, it can be hard to control. For any restaurant, it’s a good idea to partner with a professional pest control company
to monitor ant activity and determine the best ant control and prevention services
to match your establishment’s needs.
Got an ant problem in your restaurant? Contact The Specialists
today to find out how we can get rid of ants quickly, safely and cost-effectively.