A single sign indicating an unhygienic environment or lack of cleanliness can significantly have a negative impact in your restaurants’ reputation and finances as customers will be driven away by the dirt. It is much easier for customers to buy in at a restaurant that has a hygienic front, standards and procedures that staff can easily follow. At all times, the restaurant has to be upright.
TIPS ON HOW TO KEEP A RESTAURANT CLEAN AND HYGIENIC
Staff Health Routine
* As the owner of the restaurant, it is in your hands to conduct staff health exam for the most basic cleanliness and hygiene practice.
* All staff members who work with food directly must submit to a health exam for every six months. Everyday there must be a check-routine before entering the kitchen.
* All employees must attend the mandatory training on food health and personal hygiene requirement in food production. This is to avoid having a sick customer because of food poisoning from the kitchen.
Personal Hygiene Measures
* The employees must have a two-part locker where they can keep work clothes and regular clothes separately.
* Work uniform must be changed regularly.
* Staffs’ nails must be trimmed and clean.
* Staff must wear personal clothes under the work uniform.
* Employees must wear hair nets that cover all the hair to prevent it from falling into the food. The nets must be worn before entering the kitchen.
* The employees must wash their hands often. Rubber gloves are a must while washing the dishes.
* Protective aprons must be worn for food processing jobs or dishwashing jobs.
* Prohibit smoking in the kitchen and adjacent areas.
* Injuries like cuts and scrapes must be properly protected and covered by water resistance bands. Gloves should be worn as an additional precaution.
* Ensure that the staff doesn’t eat food in the kitchen.
* The staff should wear disposable gloves while working with perishable and high-risk food.
Eliminate Rodents and Pests
No customer wants to see a cockroach or a mice while enjoying their food. Next time the customer won’t even think about coming to your restaurant again and where does that live your business? Negatively affected. Presence of rodents like mice, cockroaches and flies indicate an unhealthy environment in the restaurant. To avoid all this, GET IN TOUCH with The Specialists for a comprehensive Rodent Control service that will protect your business.
A Regular Cleaning Schedule
* Clean up the grease accumulated in grill and fryer. This can always invite the rodents and cockroaches you definitely do not need in your restaurant.
* Ensure the carpets, curtains, and linen are stain-free, vacuumed regularly and clean. Wash linen using high-pressure cleaning or steam extraction.
* Clean all the utensils and cutlery. Sanitize them to eliminate bacteria.
* Clean floors thoroughly and apply a non-slip coating to prevent the workers from slipping.
* Clean the fridge and freezer regularly. Check the expiry dates of items kept in the fridge. Wipe the exterior with a damp soaped cloth.
* Clean the washroom and toilet every hour. Use a disinfectant to clean the washroom.
* If there are any broken fixtures, pipes or taps, get them fixed immediately.
* The water pipes need to work perfectly without dripping or clogging.
* Clean the bins inside and out with soaped water. You may consider power washing them to ensure that every bit of waste is eliminated as it can attract pests and rodents.
* Raw food, especially meat, and vegetables should always be kept separately.
#mordenrestaurantmanagement #Hygiene #pestcontrol #rodentcontrol #foodservices #cleanrestaurant #safefordiners